Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Riddle ZONE VIII

***
Sometimes things are beneath me,
Or unfortunately not.
Under bright sun,
I cool you off
With my loose fit.
In pelting snow,
I give a snug hug.
If you love me,
I can last forever.
With tough guys,
Life is short.
My men’s language is
Only spoken by today’s scholars
Not the lousy public
Who has forgotten me!
(Toga)

***
I can make you famous,
Or families happy.
I’m beloved by many
And feared by some.
People prefer me
Without pee,
But that can be hard
To keep out.
What am I?
(Pool)

2 by: SonofBigFoot

***
Colorless, but black and white I can be,
Try your hardest but you’ll never see me.
I can cause damage and destruction,
Doubt, betrayal, and woe,
And if you try to hear one of me
You won’t have far to go.
I am used every day,
Product of jealousness and spite,
And if you think you’ve used me before
You’re probably in the right.
(a lie)

1 by: FunkyZebras19

***
100s of teeth, never chewing,
Although sometimes taming and reducing in size.
All colors of the rainbow,
Used for the same purpose.
What am I?
(Comb)

***
We have 6 eyes,
but cannot see a thing.
Run with 12,
Hear with 6,
And we are hated
by the farmer’s wife.
What are we?
(3 Blind Mice)
2 by: TXTtehBall12