Monday, June 1, 2009

The Test of His World

A "BlueGoo32" Story

10th grade. Big test. What job? Orange is in the 10th grade taking a test that means the world to him. . The test is going to tell him what job he is most likely going to have later in his life. It means the world to him because he wants the perfect job. Wait a minute, let’s back it up.

“Hi, my name is Orange Juice. I am 17 and in the 10th grade. I love electronics, but I am not the best with electronic devices. I can fix electronic devices, but I cannot turn on a TV or work a remote no matter how hard I try!” He exclaimed. Later that day at school, he took the test.

“That was fun,” he said happily, “but I have to take it seriously because this is the test of my life.”

……………………………..……………………………………...

“Rob, Julie, Doug, Kate, Gloria, Bob, Alana, Kada, Devyn, Bri, and Orange please come get your tests.” The teacher called out to the class.

“Oh boy,” said Orange about ready to jump out of his skin, “I cannot wait to see my results. Electronic seller, electronic fixer, a cable guy, a … gardener?” Orange was a little confused as he read off the test results. “Why a gardener? I already picked out my cable man suit! There must be some kind of mistake!”

As Orange went up to his teacher’s desk, he said, “Mr. Hen I think there is a problem with these results because it says I am going to be a gardener.”

As Orange and his teacher went over the results, Mr. Hen looked at Orange and said, “These results are correct and there is nothing I can do to change them. I am sorry Orange.”
As Orange stumbled home miserably, he kept looking at his results with tears running down his face. When he got home, he sat on his bed and said, “Well, I may as well make the best of this.”

…………………………………………………………...........................

8 years later...

Eight years later Orange was a gardener in the middle of nowhere. He was wearing a bright orange suit, which he picked out when he was in 10th grade that included leather gloves, sun glasses, and a hard hat. He could feel the nice cool breeze touching his sweaty face and the leather gloves on his hands. He could hear the birds chirping, the bees buzzing, and the wind blowing through the trees. Ever since that test, this was what he has looked like. He was so sad about the test results that he never wanted to give up the cable man suit, so instead he had been wearing it everyday since then. Even though he was a gardener, he could only plant trees and thought bubbles. Just about everything else he planted, died. He planted thought bubbles because they never died, and he is always thinking about what went wrong with the test. And you would be surprised by how many people like thought bubbles in their gardens because when they grow, they turn into giant lilies. A beautiful flower indeed.

…………………………………………………………………………...

Later after work, he went home and was sitting at a candle lit table with pork sitting in front of him. And no, not candle lit for a romantic evening, but because he was so sad about the test, that he threw out all of his electronics. Not only that, but now he could not even cook because he gave away his stove. His mom cooked food for him day after day after day going on until he got a grip, stopped complaining, and grew up for good.

…………………………………………………………………………...

Another day his mom came over to visit him because he had the day off.

“You need to get a grip, take a shower, get electronics, and get a new job!!!” his mom said furiously.

“I cannot get a new job because of the test results, mom.”

“Yes you can! You do know that those tests are just recommending a job for you. You don’t have to do what is says!” She screamed before starting to laugh

“Really? I did not know that,” Orange said as his face turned to a bright red, “so I need to get out there and become a cable guy.”

“There you go son, now you got it!!!” His mom yelled although Orange was already out the door

“Thanks mom!” These were the last words he said and soon they started to fade away as he ran down the road to his boss’s house.

……………………………………………………………………

About 30 minutes later he arrived at his boss’s house. He walked up the stairs panting heavily. He knocked the door slowly gasping for air as his hand touched the nice cool door. It was about 20 minutes after he knocked that his boss saw his standing there.

“Orange, is that you? What are you doing here?” His boss said as if he did not want him there.

“Oh, um-“

“Oh, I know why you are here.”

“You do?”

“Why yes, I do know why. You want to work 24-7 for more money. Well ok, if you want to.” His boss said a little upset because now he would have to pay Orange more money.

“Um, no, not exactly. I want to resign from my job because I finally got a grip! I am sorry and good day.” Orange said proudly.

Before Orange left, his boss said, “Oh, I see,” trying to make it sound as if he did not want Orange to quit.

“Got to go tell my mom! Thanks for understanding!” Orange shouted on his way home.

…………………………………………………………………….

When Orange returned to his house, his mom was waiting patiently for him.

“So how did it go?” She said as soon as he walked in the door.

“Great! I spoke up to my boss,” Orange exclaimed.

“Great! Now are you going to buy some electronics?”

“Um, will you drive me? Orange asked in a kind of silly way.

“Sure,” His mom said happily since Orange did not like electronics, he refused to ride in a car.
So yes it all worked out. Orange got a new job as a cable guy and now his mom is happy because she does not have to cook for him anymore.

The End