Friday, June 5, 2009

No Way Home!

“Settle down everyone. OK, is every body here?” Chris said calmly. After he said that, Chris and all the 30 tourists started to walk around the museum. They all ended up in the South American’s Rainforest. “As most of you should know by now, the rainforest has animals such as monkeys, snakes, birds, cheetahs, insects, and reptiles.”

“That’s amazing!” said one of the tourists.

“OK, let’s move on. Now we are heading for the glass part of the museum. Please keep all your hands to yourselves at all times. Thank you,” said Chris. “Let’s move on please.” Chris was planning to show all of them a very special painting. When they all got to where they were going, Chris made them be quiet.

“What’s behind this curtain is something very important.”

“Come on open the stupid curtain! I’m waiting,” said an impatient tourist.

“Hold on. Now for the grand finally…” Chris paused. “Ta Da! The exit to the outside. Aah. Feel that sunshine!” Everybody looked confused, except for one person.

“Can I leave now? OK bye! (Thud) WHAT!! Why can’t I go outside?”

Chris laughed. He knew what was going on. It wasn’t really the door to the outside.

“That’s not funny!” yelled a tourist.

“I got you all because I was just kidding. This is actually a picture of a parking lot. Who here has heard of a guy named Michael Forager? He was 55 when he drew this picture.”

“Is he dead?” asked a tourist.

“Yes he is. He died in 1994. That was 5 years ago.” As he told that story, Sarah’s attention was caught on a shiny object. She was walking toward it when she stumbled over a large piece of a curtain.

“That’s weird,” Sarah said

* * *

“Let me see if we all are still here. 10, 20, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29… 29… Wait we are missing somebody! Let’s go back to the parking lot picture everybody.” Chris panicked. He was very worried that she was either kidnapped or lost in the large museum. Meanwhile Chris called backup to help look for her.

* * *

Sarah tried to open the second curtain, but it was too late. Backup came. They called Chris on the walkie-talkie to say that she was alright.

“I was worried about you.”

“I’m sorry about that Chris. I was focused on a shiny object right over there. By the way, what’s behind the other curtain?”

“Oh, you found the other curtain,” Chris said with a little smile.

“Yes. What is it?” asked Sarah. As they all walked over to the second curtain, Sarah said she was very exited to see what was behind the other curtain. Actually, everybody said they were very excited to see it too.

“Well, I am going to tell you that right now. What ever is behind this curtain is very special.”
“Come on open the curtain for the second time already,” yelled a tourist.

“Hold on. Hold on. Are you ready to see what’s behind THIS curtain?” Everybody cheered. “And now for the curtain of the day…” The tourists couldn’t hold on any longer.

“A new meaning of life. A sweet place to be,” Chris announced. “And I am not kidding about this one. This is a time capsule or as you all know it as a time machine. It can bring you to the past or to the future in just seconds.” Everybody especially Sarah, wanted to go to the future.

“Can we go to the future?” asked Sarah.

“Sadly no, but I can give you a tour of the rest of the museum,” said Chris. When everybody left with Chris, Sarah stayed to check out the machine. She stepped into the time capsule and accidentally pushed a button. She didn’t know until the machine started to move, and then she realized she had pushed the button.

“Oh no! What have I done? I want to get out of here!” Sarah panicked.

* * *

While Chris gave a tour of the rest of the museum, Sarah was in the past. Chris didn’t even know it until someone was yelling,

“Where is my sister?”

Chris looked back and counted all the tourists, and he counted 29 again. He noticed that it was the same girl who ran off the first time. Once again they all had to go back to the time capsule. But once they arrived, they noticed that the time capsule was not there. Chris was thinking that he was in big trouble with his boss because Chris wasn’t supposed to show any tourists the time capsule.

“Please stay calm. We are going to find Sarah sooner or later.”

“Please hurry. My mom is going to kill me because I didn’t stay with her and now she is lost,” cried the tourist.

“Calm down please.” Chris said calmly.

* * *

“Where am I? I’m not sure, but I think I am in the past, and I mean the way past like sometime in B.C. Aah a dinosaur! ” she screamed. She was scared so she ran for her life. Sarah didn’t know what to do. She was stuck in the past FOREVER!!!!!!! (or at least that’s what she thought).

* * *

Again Chris called backup but this time the backup could not find her and that was a problem. It was a very bad mystery. Chris just remembered that there was another time capsule in the back of the museum. He told everybody to stay put so he could go get the other time capsule. (Yes it was light enough to carry. Amazing!)

“I’m back and here is the other time capsule. I am going to plug it in the outlet, and then I want you all to start bordering it.” Chris demanded.

“What are we going to do? Are we going to go to the future or the past?” asked a tourist.

“We are going to the past. I think she went to the early years in the B.C.’s” As Chris plugged the time capsule up, all the tourists started to chat about going to the past. They all were very exited to go to the past for the first time ever. They all boarded the time capsule and off they all went.

“Cool! Where are we?” asked a tourist.

“Now we are in the past,” Chris explained. “We are here to find a girl who’s name is Sarah. She should by around here somewhere.” The only problem is that Chris didn’t know that they all landed on the other side of the continent. They all looked forever and ever and still didn’t find her.

“Where is she? I am getting worried that we will never find her,” cried the tourist.

“Don’t worry. We will find her.” They all kept looking very hard.

* * *

“I’ll stay right here and won’t move. It’s been two days and I am scared,” said Sarah. “Hey, I think I actually see them!” Sarah exclaimed. She was so proud to see all her friends and her sister. Sarah ran as fast as she can just to go see them. The tourists also ran as fast as they could too.

“Are you all right?” asked Sarah’s sister.

“Yes, now that you’re all here.”

“OK everybody; let’s go back to the time capsule. Follow me please,” Chris said. It took two days until they all reached the place where they had landed. They all realized that the time capsule was not there and that was another problem. The tourists and Chris were very scared.

“Where is the time capsule? I need to know!” yelled another tourist.

“I don’t know, but I’m scared too,” Chris said nervously. Again they all looked around for the time capsule. No one found it of course. They were all stuck there FOREVER!!!!!!!

Sarah was right. No way home!