Monday, June 1, 2009

Forbidden Love

By: LiveLove

“Amaria, I think this picture frame is broken!” Riho exclaimed.

“It might be because it saw your face,” Amaria sarcastically said.

“I doubt that’s the reason,” Riho replied.

“I think that’s most likely why,” Amaria again said sarcastically.

Amaria and Riho argue most of the time. Though they’ve been together since 5th grade, they often get sick of each other.

“Ha ha,” Riho chuckled, “you’re so funny!”

“Will you hold still for five minutes? I need to make your make up look the best it can possibly be,” Amaria yelled.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m doing the best I can!” he shouted back.

“Amaria, is that what you’re going to wear for the rehearsal?” Riho asked.


“Yeah, of course I am, duh. If I wasn’t, I would’ve changed into the real outfit by now!” she said.

“Ok, chill I was just asking, and I like it, it is well, you,” He replied. “It’s very bright and colorful and just the thing you would wear.”

“Why thank you, I like it a lot as well,” she answered.

In Saudi Arabia, where Amaria and Riho live, it is a very special day. The annual worldwide play is in one week. Everyone in this play is trying their hardest to look their best and be as good as possible. Preparing for this play, however, takes many days, up to a week. You have to practice your part in the play, plan what you want to wear, figure out what make up looks best and how you want your hair, and last but not least, what your outfit will look like.

* * *

“Amaria, Riho, please report to center stage immediately!” the assistance director yelled.

“Hey Riho, did you hear that?” Amaria surprisingly asked.

“No, what was it?” He replied.

“We were just called to center stage!” she stated.

“Oh snap, we should probably hurry and get there like NOW!” Riho said.

Riho and Amaria’s rehearsal time isn’t until later. They were shocked to be called to center stage and were curious to know why. There rehearsal time didn’t start until 4:00 pm and it’s only about 3:15 pm.

When Amaria and Riho made their way to the stage, they could feel their stomachs turn in knots. They were so nervous, no one knew that they had anxiety problems. That’s when you get really red in the face and start to sweat when confronted with a big audience or maybe even just one particular person.

“Hi, are you um Amaria and Riho, is it?” The assistant director asked unsure.

“Why yes, yes we are!” they replied.

“And who might you be?” Amaria said snidely.

“Excuse me!” He barked.

“Sorry, didn’t mean to give attitude,” she stated. “I meant to say, ‘Yes, Yes we are and I don’t recall who you are!’”

“I am the assistant director, thanks for asking,” he said happily. “Now get started please.”

“Get started with what?” she asked.

“Get started with the rehearsal; rehearse your part of the play!” he shouted with impatience.

“It’s only 3:15pm and our rehearsal time doesn’t start until 4:00,” she replied.

“Oh well, you are going now and no matter what you say, I will still make you go!” he demanded.

“Ok, but I’m telling you right now it’s not going to look all that great, but we’re working on it,” she replied.

They stood there, their faces beat red and sweaty, then grabbed each other’s hands and gave that look that said ‘go ahead start your line.’

“Galaria my darling, I’m afraid we cannot be,” he stated, “we’re from two different countries and it just won’t work.”

“Wait... but… why?” she stuttered.

“I will be a disgrace for my country if I take your hand in marriage!” he continued.

“They will understand if you tell them about it!” she whimpered.

“NO, they won’t Galaria. I’ve tried this before without you knowing and they almost kicked me out of the country for good!” he screamed.

“WE can try again. We can MAKE them understand!”

“Yes, WE could try but we CAN’T MAKE them understand.”

“Cupar, if you really love me, you would do this!” she exclaimed.

“I do love you as much as I say I do with all my heart, but I am dearly sorry we cannot do this,” he cried. “This isn’t easy for me to do you know!”

Tears fell from Galaria and Cupar’s face as if this were really happening. In order to be a good actor though, you have to make it look real. Ding, dong. The bell had struck midnight.

“Oh no,” she said, “I mustn’t stay any longer!”

“But…!” he started.

“There are no buts, I have to go!” she yelled.

“Will I get to see you again?” he asked.

“I think you will, but if I don’t leave now, you probably won’t,” she told him.

“Then leave… Go… Get gone,” he hollered back.

Galaria turned without another word and started to walk away. She didn’t even turn to look back in case that was the last time they got to see each other again.

“Galaria,” Cupar called out, “do I get one last kiss?”

“One last kiss!” she sighed.

Galaria and Cupar ran to each other, hugged, then slowly they kissed. They could feel the magic, and they quickly stepped away from each other.

“Whoa!” they both exclaimed.

“Um… I have to go now,” she slowly said.

Cupar slowly leaned over her shoulder and whispered.

“I love and I will see you soon.”

“Yes, yes you will,” She replied.

They both turned to the front and without saying anything leaned forward and took a bow.

“Bravo, Bravo!” The assistant director screeched. “That was um… Bonita,” he mumbled as tears fell from his face.

“Now to make it more dramatic,” he started, “you should make it so when you and Galaria go to kiss, her mom shows up there looking for her, and you don’t get to have that last kiss. That would mean you didn’t get the chance to whisper into her ear and say ‘I will see again’. But other than that it’s bonita.”

“Wow, you really have a good imagination for plays,” Cupar said.

“Yes, I do, thanks!” he replied.

“Ok, well you should be on your way now, there are other people waiting to rehearse as well,” the assistant said.

“Well, thanks for your time sir,” they replied.

“Yes, no problem,” he said.

“Come on Cupar!” Galaria demanded.

* * *

“Yesterday was very tiring,” Galaria sighed.

“Yes it was!” Cupar agreed.

“Sleeping in two hours later didn’t help a whole lot, but it helped,” she continued.

“It did for me,” he replied.

“Are you hungry?” she asked.

“Yeah of course, I thought you would never ask,” he answered.

The smell of cooked bacon, fried eggs in butter, pancakes, and French toast filled the room. Since he had a bad cold, he couldn’t tell what it smelled like.

“Mmmm, what’s that smell?” he asked.

“It’s the smell of breakfast cooking!” she exclaimed.

“Oh my god,” Cupar started, “I can smell again, I’m not sick.”

“Yay!” she shouted.

“Is it ready yet?” he wondered.

“Yes, it has been for ten minutes now,” she answered.

Breakfast, here I come, he thought.

“Mmmm, thanks Galaria,” he said.

“Mhm!” she replied.

“Hey, let’s rehearse a little more of the play, just the begging part!” he demanded.

“Um… ok?” she stuttered.

“I’m starting… NOW!” he said.

“Galaria, my darling, I’m afraid we cannot be,” he stated “we’re from two different countries and it just won’t work.”

“Wait... but… why?” she stuttered.

“I will be a disgrace for my country if I take your hand in marriage, but really I don’t care!” he replied.

“Um, Riho that’s not the right line,” she said.

“I know it’s not!” he replied.

“So you are asking me to marry you?” she wondered.

“Actually, I am,” he stated.

“So…?” he murmured, “What’s the answer?”

“Um… I say…!” she started.



THE END