Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Disease

BananaSandwitch91 proudly presents...

DISEASE

Wow, the agency is going to go ecstatic when they hear about this! I’m here and I can’t even believe what I have just heard. Bill and Melinda Gates are talking to the biggest terrorist in the world, Mohammad Kilisha. If I don’t get this information on tape no one will believe that the Gates are involved in anything like this.

Hi, my name is Nathaniel Weathers. I work for the CIA and this is my assignment. I lie here completely still taking a picture a second. I am perfectly camouflaged in my ghillie suit behind this bush. I catch every part of the conversation on tape as well as catching some incriminating photos. Then my heart skipped a beat as I realize what they had just said, they were going to bomb America!

Mohammad was well known for his knowledge about rocket engineering, but I never thought he would be involved in something like this. I had to get back to HQ as quickly as possible so the CIA and other agencies could move on this. I needed to move fast if I was going to get the word out.

Mohammad was a big man, six feet nine inches and weighed around 240 pounds. He’d been training in martial arts since he was four; he’s 39 years old now. He killed his first man at the age of 12. He was training with the other guerrilla recruits when their squad was attacked by a neighboring tribe. Mohammad was the only one left alive.

I started moving slowly backward when all of a sudden I bumped into something. “Must be a rock,” I thought. However, my worst nightmare had come true – I had just bumped into the person I was spying on. This would not look good on my report.

“Hi buddy,” he said raising his gun.

Almost instinctively I kicked the gun out of his hand and jumped up kneeing him in the gut and landed an elbow to his spine. I hit my mark, and he dropped like a rock, but I needed to get out of there, and fast. I knew it wouldn’t be long before Mohammad and his henchmen came after me again

Just like in training I thought as I ran to my Hummvie and sped down the dirt path, avoiding potholes and large bumps in the road which I found out were landmine after I got too close to one. It blew off one of my doors and shattering my rearview mirror.

It was maybe two minutes before they were after me again. I had to lose them. Mohammad’s cronies were trained killers, and they would do anything to stop me from delivering the information to my superiors. However, I couldn’t just lead them to HQ.

I suddenly made a sharp right turn nearly missing a tree. Two of the cars made it, but the third didn’t. One down, I thought.

All of a sudden my front windshield shattered in a thunder of gunfire coming from the two remaining vehicles. I was hit by a piece of shrapnel that tore into my left arm shredding muscle and chipping bone. Then, my tire popped. I swerved trying to avoid trees. I barely hit one and swerved into a rock. I got three seconds of air.

I had a decision to make. Get out and start running or keep driving. I put my foot on the gas and took off down the dirt road swerving as I went shots still hitting my car.

I took a left and went off road into the jungle. I led them on the chase of their lives and took another car out when I hit a tree and it fell on the approaching car. Now it was just me versus Mohammad.

Then I made a risky move. I swerved from hitting a giant tree and stopped. Mohammad flew by. I slammed on the accelerator and brought the car up to 100 miles per hour.

I got my 44 Magnum out of the glove compartment and shot out his rear tires and he began to swerve out of control recklessly hitting bushes and rocks as he went.

He hit a tree and crawled out of his car, blood gushing out of his head and screaming bloody murder.

I stopped my car and tied him up and threw him in the trunk. I slapped a mosquito on my arm examining his guts and the little specks of my own blood as I wiped him away. I put a sock in Mohammad’s mouth as he tried to spit at me. I speed to HQ and handed him over to the feds.
I was soon greeted by my Superior, and he said, “I read your report. I think you should be more than a field operative.”

“I think I’ve been held back for years,” I said. The boss’ face lit up with a big grin and his pale white cheeks turned a bright scarlet red.

“Well,” he said, ”you’ve had sixteen years with us now. I think the least you deserve is to be the head of an operation inside the States.”

“That sounds great,” I exclaimed. “I haven’t been in the US in over 20 years. It will be good to go home again.”

I began to think about why I’d been here so long. It was twenty years ago when I first got to know some bad people and came to Nigeria in hopes of making a quick buck. This is how I came to know Mohammad. He hired me to take out a hit on President Nixon in 1973.

It took me two years to get the C.I.A. involved. We began working together to bring down Mohammad. We finally got too close, and he caught on to us and went into hiding. After that, the C.I.A. asked me to join the terrorist group undercover and give up the rest of my life and dedicate it to the agency. Of coarse I couldn’t resist and left everything behind. Somehow this got back to America and I was declared a terrorist. The agency just let this slid because it was a good cover.

The next day I awoke in a hot sweat. I went down to the infirmary and the doctor said that I had a disease that could only be found in the jungle. Seems I picked up a souvenir from that mosquito. They said I wouldn’t be allowed access into the United States. I would be held in quarantine until they could figure out what the disease was.

My heart sank. The giddiness I felt yesterday was completely gone and was replaced with despair and anguish. I had wanted to go back to the US for quite some time now. And now I couldn’t just because I had a mosquito bite.

Four months later, I was on a plane back to the United States feeling happy and anxious over the new position I would be taking on in the CIA. It turned out it was Dengue Fever that I picked up from that mosquito, and that’s why I was so sore and tired. Only one thing was on my mind, what had happened to the country since I’d been gone. Did everyone still hate me? My mind was racing with thoughts and ideas and rumors that I had heard when I was quarantined. I couldn’t wait to get there to see what was going on in the United States.

The End.