Monday, May 4, 2009

War of the Gods

An Olympian tale by: 90210

The former god of war, Kratos, was standing atop Mount Olympus; he was pondering if he should go back and beg for his role as god of war back. Suddenly, the ground started shaking and Dayseana the goddess of the earth descended upon him. She spoke saying, “Kratos’ we have a quest for you. You will come with me to the temple of Zeus…”

“What do you need me for?” Kratos’ asked in amusement.

“Zeus has turned for the worse and is gathering an army to wipe out the gods. You are the only one powerful enough to defeat him,” Dayseana said with the power of the sun.

“And may I ask why you chose me?”

“You fought him before, and you know his weakness”

“I ask for one thing: give me my blades of chaoes, my cestus, and my bow.”

“As you wish sir,” said the goddess.

Kratos’s first mission was to go to the storehouse where all of his weapons were located. Even though they were guarded by the killer Cyclops, he knew the secret passage. So Kratos went to the storehouse, and to his surprise the warriors were there to greet him, but not with hand shakes of any sort. They whirled out their swords and started charging. To his defense an elder god came and wiped them out with one swipe of his godly sword.

“Kratos, you must hurry and begin training. It’s been awhile since you fought Zeus and to his advantage he was marching two million armed troops. So you mustn’t waste time.”

“I can’t fight without my weapons.”

“O, right, here you go.”

While Kratos was being briefed on his quest, Zeus was already starting the attack on Mount Olympus. The elder god turned and faced away from Kratos, just to turn around and find that his warrior was nowhere too be found. “Kids these days,” said the very handsome god.

Kratos’ ported through the portal from which the god appeared. From atop Mount Olympus, he only saw a dumbfounded Zeus laughing at the young Kratos’ in his presence.

“You are what gods sent to try to defeat me? Have fun while you are cursed to Hades by the hands of my army.”

“What army? It’s between me and you.”

“You defeat my army and maybe I will let you try to defeat me again.”

While they fought like little boys, the gods had their hands full with the army.

“KRATOS!!!!!!” YOU GET DOWN HERE AND FIGHT!” boomed Dayseana.

Kratos’ was down there in a split.

*****

Before all of this began, with the god’s and stuff, I was just an ordinary guy selling all of my life’s belongings just to feed my family. I was eight at the time when my mother first asked me. What are I was going to do with my life?

I honestly replied, “Mother, you have asked me that before.” I was silent even thinking about it. She was very upset at what I had replied. Don’t do this to yourself. I heard a much murmured voice in my head. Don’t do this to yourself. It keeps getting louder. Don’t do this to yourself. Don’t do this to yourself. This time it scared me. All of a sudden, I woke up from my fantasy only to be awoken to the sound of beeping. Where am I? And who was that voice??????

“You’re in the hospital.” The voice sounded familiar

Whoa how did he know I was thinking that? “Who are you?”

“I’m sorry I can’t tell you that much. You have to figure that out yourself”

“Ok, but how will I do that?”

“Do you know who you are? You figure that out first, then I might tell you who I am. I can tell you this much….. I have been at your side for almost two thousand years. I’ll leave that to ponder in your mind for awhile.” The very soothing voice said.

While I woke up from that coma, I had no idea who I was. Everything was black for that moment. Even the nurse would not tell me who I am.

“WHERE AM I. DO NOT DESERVE TO BE IGNORED!!! Do you know who I am….?”

“Do you know who you are?” a voice came from my room, but not a soul was there…

“You are right. There is no one in your room,” the voice said again. “If you do not remember ………... two thousand years ago…,” all of a sudden she broke off midsentence. “You were in a war with….me. You need to remember you’re a god Kratos.”

“But the nurse said my name is George from Newfoundland.”

“No, you mustn’t ponder who you are now, listen. I am going to give you an order and you have two months to complete it. You are going to get out of this hospital and go to Big Ben in London. There you will find seven hooded warriors. You are to go to them and say your name, but before you must bow to them in worship. They will take you to the top of the clock and there you will find a zip cord zip down to the city streets. Walk an estimated five miles until you see a tunnel. Follow that tunnel and go underground...” she was cut off.

“W—waits a minute! I just got out of a coma and now you’re trying to convince me I’m a god. I’m not a psycho from the planet Mars. Are you trying to get me killed or something? I do not accept.”

“Suit yourself, but that man you were just talking to is going to kill you if you don’t hurry. Now you listen here. You interrupt me one more time and I will rip your head clear off your shoulders! You will do what I say. You must not waste time once you are underground. You must hurry. There will be a couple of men that will lead you toward a building. Once you enter the building, you will ask the guards to give you your weapons. Tell them I sent you. They will lead you to a room with hundreds of weapons; you will know which ones are yours when you see them. Now go.”

Karros just lay there without moving until the nurse came and told him, “You are probably well enough to go and take a walk.”

Trust me I will do more than that he thought.

While the nurse was in the waiting room, she quickly glanced up at the security cameras and saw a man in the laundry room going through all of the laundry. She told the security guards to go apprehend that fool. The nurse just sat there watching the cameras. One second they were trying to bring the man back to his room and the next she saw the guards lying on their backs pleading for their lives.

Kratos found what he was looking for and in the twitch of an eye he was gone. The nurse charged straight to the receptionist at the disappearance of her patient. She called a full staff search party. Knowing that she was going to be blamed ,she went to her office only to find a envelope that read, “Sorry.” She opened it and to her surprise it was a letter stating,

I am sorry if I startled you with my disappearance, I am not in danger. I need to do something for an old friend and I mean it when I say old friend. But thank you so very much. I will come visit you when I am finished with my task. If you need anything call me at – 555-0000.
You friend,

Kratos.

Kratos went to London, but it took him awhile to get there, the flight was canceled due to really bad weather in New York. The flight attendant was startled at his beauty; she tripped over her own foot and dumped a jug of hot coffee on his lap…but it didn’t startle Kratos at all.

“Sir, I am so sorry,” said the flight attendant.

“It’s nothing. It happens all the time,” Kratos said in a breathtaking voice. I really got to stop ridding airplanes. It took quite awhile to get to London. After a 12-hour flight he was there, but they were circling the airport.

“What is the hold up people?!” he shouted.

“Again, sorry, the airport is under a slight drizzle and it is too dangerous to land,” said the woman.

“Yeah, whatever.”

“Finally, people we're going to land….hallelujah.”

The weather in London wasn’t what he’d expected: it was snowing and hailing. Kratos finally made it to the tunnel just in the nick of time; they were about to close the doors.

“Wait, wait for me,” Kratos yelled.

“Okay sir, you better hurry! Don’t keep her majesty waiting to long,” one of the guards said.

“Okay just get me there…quickly people I am in a hurry you know!”

“Okay don’t get you underwear all in a bunch. Okay we’re here.”

That doesn’t look like the person Dayseana described.

“That’s because its not.”

“Holly, did you read my mind or something?”

“Just a bit.”

“But how? Ok, I don’t want to know. Did you send for me miss?”

“Yes, but intentionally.” said the girl on the throne. “You have something I need.”

“And what is that?”

“Your soul……”