Monday, May 4, 2009

The Big Bang

A GinniGirl story...

“Get up you sleepy head,” mom yelled up the stairs. It rang through my ears as I slouched out of bed. My bed was warm under my blankets, but when I unwrapped myself from the warmth and stepped out of bed, a cold breeze from my window danced around my legs. I went to the bathroom and turned on the water for my shower. While waiting for the water to warm up, I went to look outside. The forecast looked bad because when I looked to the west I saw the storm. The clouds were dark as night and moving fast. My weeping willow was weeping as bad as I was. I went to take my shower. I was distracted by thinking about the storm and wasn’t paying attention. The shampoo stung my eyes and nose. I quickly turned off the water and went to get dressed. After that I ran down stairs to get some breakfast. Mom met me with some toast in hand.

“Good morning Jake, are you excited about tomorrow?” mom asked handing me some toast.

“Um,” I thought while eating,” Oh yeah, tomorrow’s my party. I can’t wait.”

I finished my toast and went to grab my backpack. Honk, honk. “Oh crap,” I groaned, “See ya later.”

I ran out the door and let it slam behind me. I was running fast and hadn’t noticed the rain. It was soaking my sweater and my hair. While running I concentrated on tomorrow and didn’t notice… SPLASH!! Now I wished I was paying attention to running. I got to the yellow bus and sat down. My pants were now drenched to my thighs with cold mud stained to them like glue. The bus ride was short, and I made sure I was the last one off the bus so no one saw my mostly wet pants.

“Jake,” Andrew yelled across the school green. I ran to catch up to him, but it was hard to do with wet pants.

“Hey Andrew,” I wheezed out of breath.

“Well Jake are you excited about tomorrow?” Andrew questioned.

“Yep, I can’t wait. All my cousins are coming today for tomorrow’s party,” I answered.

“So what do you want for a present because I don’t think you like Legos anymore do you?” Andrew asked.

“I got to think about that for a few minutes, and no I do not like Legos anymore,” I told him.

Ring, ring, ring, the bell rang.

“Bye,” we snapped fast. I ran to my locker and grabbed my stuff. Morning classes went by fast, and I always liked that because then I can get to lunch faster. English ended and I sprinted to my locker, grabbed my lunch, and headed towards the cafeteria. I saw all eight of my friends at our table, I went to join them.

“What do you want for a present,” echoed from every corner of the table.

“I like baseball and football,” I replied.

“That works,” Andrew answered.

Lunch ended and we all left. My afternoon wasn’t fun, but it went by fast. I got on the bus and went home. It was longer because I was thinking about tomorrow. I got home, threw open the door and… WHAM. I was tackled. All six of my cousin’s lying like cows on top of me.
“Hey, get off,” I yelled while laughing. One by one they climbed off me.

“Hello,” Dean said while he punched me in the arm.

“Hey, are you guys going to the hotel,” I asked Dean.

“Yes.”

“Well, I will see you tomorrow, bye,” I said heading for my room. I slept well and woke up late. When I woke up, my cousins were already here. I went down stairs fresh and clean from my shower.

“There’s the birthday boy,” Aunt Dot smiled.

“Hello everyone,” I yawned still a little tired. For the rest of the morning Dean and I worked on setting up for the party. The balloons and streamers we had fun with. I ended up tied to a pole by the end, but he let me loose. It went by fast and people started to arrive.

“Hello Andrew, I’m not surprised that you’re the first,” I laughed.

“Thanks, I like to come early,” he replied.

Everyone started showing up and the house was full!!

“We won’t be able to go outside,” I grouched staring out the window.

“Let’s…,” Andrew thought aloud, “play with dart guns.”

“Sure,” everyone piped up.

I was in for it, so I went and got all of my guns. They let me choose first and then everyone choose theirs.

They ran in terror from me screaming, “AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!”

I stopped and fell down laughing, “You guys scream like girls.”

We got tired of that and were thinking of other things when……

“Cake,” mom yelled from the kitchen. Everyone charged for the kitchen. It was chocolate, my favorite. They sang happy birthday and I blew out the candles.

“Presents,” Andrew yelled and handed me his present. It was a baseball glove.

“Thanks,” I smiled, “I’ve always wanted one.” I opened the rest of my presents. I got a baseball, a baseball bat, a football, a hat, a framed picture of the Boston Red Sox (who I love), and of course from my parents, CLOTHES!! (which I hate)

“Now what do you want to do?” mom asked. You can’t go outside to use your new stuff. Its pouring cats and dogs out there.” ¨

´“Do you guys like movies?” dad questioned.

“Yah,” everyone cheered.

“What movies do you like?” I asked.

“Madagascar 2,” Andrew recommended.

“Sure,” everyone answered. We sat down and watched the movie. It was hilarious, but it ended too fast.

“It’s only nine o’clock,” dad said turning off the television, “It doesn’t look like anyone’s tired, so why don’t you take them up to your room Jake.”

“Yeah,” I yelled. I led them up to my room. It didn’t go too well. Some ran for the guitar and drums and the rest ran towards my sports equipment. Blake went and found my DS, but things got worse after that. My cousins started fighting with my friends. Andrew wanted to play my DS, so he poured popcorn on Blake’s head, and he was furious. I couldn’t do much standing on my ladder. Then Ben and Dan were fighting with my lacrosse sticks on my bed, and Collin was throwing paper air planes.

“STOP, everyone just stop!!” I screamed and caught everyone’s attention, “I know you’re having fun, but you’re going to break something.” Everyone stopped and put everything back.
“Let’s go do something fun together where no one or something will get hurt,” I calmed down. That was a surprising party, but something I will never forget.