Thursday, April 23, 2009

MONEY

A poem of greed and avarice by: MangaManiac

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Dirty money,
Clean money,
Honest money,
What’s the difference?

It’s all the same,
Just made differently.
It may be loved or hated,
Used or burned.

Money dates back to about 2000 B.C.
A different story and
Forms are everywhere:

I am Waun Ye Child of China
The greatest place ever
I believe
To me, I love it very much and
Now is something new,
Money of paper of all different
Values from 1 to 1000
It’s genius
I love it very much

The year is one thousand A.D.
Leather money is used by princes like me.
Prince William’s my name,
And buying is my game.
This leather money is hard and flat,
But is money in the same.

I Alexandra live in this
The 17th century.
Paper money is
Now the main craze.
I think the feeling is weird.
It is a great invention oh-for sure,
But hard to understand.

World War II.
I, John, am in this Nazi camp
With only cigarettes to trade for food

I have been used for
Thousands of years
For thousands of things
In thousands of Places.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$